Wednesday, June 23, 2010

cheating...in bed

I'm a bit of a lovestruck, flighty teenager when it comes to bedding. My taste runs the gamut and I fall in love quickly...stalking and hankering until it's finally mine...only to get bored and set my sights on something new. That is all to say, I'm a total duvet whore! There couldn't be an easier way to change the entire look of a bedroom! And compared to purchasing new furniture, refurbishing old furniture, or even painting...it's quick, easy, and can be relatively cheap. I know duvets aren't generally cheap, but I'm always on the lookout for a great sale, or fab designs from cheap standbys like Target. Here are a few in my main rotation:

*Quick tip - always keep the plastic zip bag that the duvet/shams originally came in. They are usually pretty durable and make it a lot easier to store bedding.


This was the set we received off our wedding registry. Understated and classic. It's been relegated to winter-only use since the duvet is heavy and doesn't breathe very well. The great thing about receiving the whole set is that we can mix and match pieces with other sets, since the color is so neutral. The bedskirt is a perfect neutral backdrop (and also impossible to switch out...who really changes bedskirts on a regular basis anyway)!


I had seen more expensive versions of this look, but found the price much sweeter at West Elm. I think we even got them at a discount. I would have loved the white, but with a new puppy (at the time of purchase), that was out of the question. The super-subtle Sea Spray color has proven just perfect...it never looks dirty! One annoying thing is that the tucks do come undone if pulled (so basically anytime you sit on the bed)...despite this, ours has mostly retained the original look.


Ok, this one is a walk on the wild side (har-dee-har-har), but works if I am craving color in the bedroom. The tiger print is actually fairly subtle, and the print is so fun! I snagged this on super sale!


I'm still on the fence about this. I had a white/black phase, and decided that this print was perfect...I love the pops of yellow and the grey would tie in nicely with our bedskirt. I think Husband is still undecided about this one.

Others (not currently owned) that I just love!

DwellStudio for Target Celery Baroque Set
(So perfectly simple and chic against dark wood.)

DwellStudio for Target Birds Damask Set
(Love that pop of black/white.)

Style&Co at Macys 'Blossom' Set
(Have you been able to tell that I love all things green?)

Calvin Klein Bamboo Flower Set at Macys
(Is there a modern woman alive who still isn't in love with Carrie's bedding?)

Pottery Barn Woodland Organic Set
(So fun and springy...very girly!)

Pottery Barn Serafina Floral Set
(Bright colors in a bold print - would please men and women! I've had to force myself not to bid on this several times on ebay. It WILL be mine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment