Friday, November 12, 2010

Latest lusts

My wishlist this holiday season is small, mostly because I've been consumed with the outfitting of our new apartment, rather than myself. I'm pretty proud of the fact that it's all things I would actually use on a regular basis...not just something gorgeous to look at hanging in my closet.

Lululemon Savasana wrap

Does this not look like the coziest thing ever? Even though it's unstructured, I could see it looking great with skinny jeans and some tall boots. Instant chic outfit, even if you're still hiding a pajama top underneath. I'd wear it to brunch, while walking the dog, for travel, in spring/summer, to keep me warm in the freezing library...everywhere! In other words, I need this in my life. The website is perpetually sold out, and I haven't had any luck with my local stores, so for now, it's on the wishlist.

Marc by Marc Jacobs crossbody bag

I realized the other day that I don't have a good everyday black bag. I have a small Andrea Bruecker woven bag, that is just too small for all-day jaunts around town, and a Botkier Trigger that is wonderfully constructed, but too heavy on the shoulders. I'm thinking a black MJ crossbody from the Classic Q line would be perfect. Currently torn between the High Schooly bag (slightly big, and do I really need the hand strap?) and the Natasha ($100 cheaper, saw it on a girl in the subway and was super cute).

Gym bag
I've been carrying my gym stuff in an old Herve Chapelier tote (like nearly every other girl in the city), but realized I may need something more specialized. Since we live out in Brooklyn now, and I work from the library part of the week, I'll need to schlep my gym stuff around with me all day. In my head, I'm picturing a medium-sized bag that can be used on the shoulders or crossbody, with a few different compartments, and easily washable. Maybe something like the Gap bag pictured, but not as shiny and cheap-looking?

FitFlop Mukluk boot

I swear, turning 30 ushered in a whole host of new health issues. My back hurts if I'm doing too much 'manual labor', I have chronic heartburn, and have achy feet in anything other than running shoes. What gives? The most comfortably shoes I own are my FitFlop sandals - they are perfectly cushioned and have great arch support, so when I found out they make boots too I was thrilled. One Nordstrom reviewer describes them as orthopedic UGGs. Ha! I would LIVE in these until spring!

Price/Source List:
*Lululemon Savasana Wrap ($118)
*Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q High Schooly Bag ($498)
*Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Natasha ($398)
*Gap Crossbody Gym Bag ($49.50)
*FitFlop Mukluk Shearling Bootie ($149.95)

No comments:

Post a Comment