Saturday, February 13, 2010

cadbury gooey goodness

Husband and I LOVE Cadbury Creme Eggs (CCEs). Possibly because they have such limited availability (February through April), much like Girl Scout cookies, Candy Corn, and Peeps. Possibly because they are so satisfying to eat, giving a chocolate fix and pure sugar rush from the fondant. We seriously need to exercise control when we visit the drugstore. Anyway, since I'm torturing myself getting in shape for my upcoming Mexico trip, I'm trying to limit the number of eggs I consume this season. I did some research and found some surprising info:

*CCEs are available year-round in the UK.

*CCEs sold in the US are smaller than those sold abroad.

*McDonald's in the UK have a Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry (genius!)


*They have been deep-fried (sweet Jesus...we need one of these!)


* They have a strange Facebook page (is it a game or a tribute?)

*There is an EHow describing how to eat one (it's complicated business, I know). Some choice lines (is there a hidden message here?):

~ Remove all of the foil at once, or just a little bit at a time if you want to nibble at the egg so the chocolate doesn't get all over your fingers. ~ Bite off the top quarter of the egg. Stick your tongue inside the chocolate shell of the egg to lick out all of the creme filling. ~ Pop the whole egg in your mouth, if you are too impatient to nibble, and relish the squish as the chocolate bursts open to let the fondant spurt out. ~ Challenge yourself to nibble most of the shell off first, leaving the creme filling balanced on a tiny piece of chocolate. Practice until you can leave only the tiniest bit of chocolate possible. ~ Enjoy the brief energy rush that comes from eating 161 calories of sugar.

Regardless of the form you consume them, I hope you get to eat plenty of these before they're gone until next year (or at least eat a few for me)!

No comments:

Post a Comment