Saturday, March 27, 2010

review: old navy spring/summer

Old Navy has really been surprising me lately - picking up the slack of its more expensive siblings (Banana Republic and the Gap). I'm finding the quality and style has really improved, and the sales are not to be missed. I bought a few things recently and have to rave...




I've written about my interest in finding a cute one-piece, and this one fit the bill. Ignore the reviews that say it doesn't work for larger chests. This absolutely fit me well and held everything in place. The bust features removable padding...when taken out it made a world of difference. I sized up one for a more comfortable fit up top.

I have always had luck with Old Navy shoes. They are moderately comfortable, especially for the price. Strangely, Gap and BR shoes KILL my feet. These wedges are much more adorable irl. I wouldn't advise wearing them if you'll be on your feet all day, but for a few hours, they are definitely a comfortable and stylish choice. The faux leather doesn't look faux, and the detailing makes them look more $$$ than they really are. Fit is tts.



This was a last-minute purchase but I love it for casual, lazy days. The slub-knit adds some texture, and I like the look of the reinforced neckline. I bought it in white, and the material is thick enough to not be see-through. Buyer beware - this top runs huge. I took an XS, which had room to spare. It's long enough so I can wear it with leggings and a cardigan and not feel overexposed.

Yes, I've embraced shorts again after a 10-year hiatus. I'm only partly kidding. I just went through a phase (since high school lol) where I did not want to wear shorts...unless they were 1) for the gym or 2) bermudas. Lately though, I've been loving the look of mid-thigh shorts with billowy tops or even tees and cropped jackets. I thought a black pair might be perfect to test out, for dressing up or down. What I love about these is the 5'' inseam - not too long, not too short. 3'' is just a little too short for this geezer.


Everyone should drop into Old Navy if they get a chance this spring/summer. I spotted cardigans and tees in a million colors, adorable floaty maxi dresses in muted floral prints, gladiator- and thong-style sandals, and tons of great workout gear (also bought a few long-sleeve running tees that have thumbholes for $11)!

No comments:

Post a Comment