Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring wishlist

I have a fairly small wishlist for spring. Mostly because I've managed to find several of my wants on supersale or with great discount codes/cashback offers. I'm still digging prints of all kinds! And because NYC has been blessed with the first real taste of spring this week (highs in the 70s!), I've finally allowed myself to get excited about shedding the layers and bulk!

Ali Ro Silk Racerback dress

I'm pretty sure this is going to be the dress I wear to curl up in the fetal position and cry celebrate my 30th birthday. Thankfully, I'll be doing it with JUST my best friend (aka Husband) in Sin City. Picturing this dress belted and paired with...

Frye Corrinna Wedge

...some cognac-colored wedges! Okay, so the above pictured aren't cognac, but I do like the shape of these and suspect they look much better irl. If I wanted to go the espadrille route...

Dolce Vita Uma Espadrille

...These lovelies would be a great choice. Adds some toughness with the buckles and thick straps to a girly and whimsical dress. I'm kind of loving these AE flats too, for daytime. As far as whimsical, no one does it better than Anthro (did you think I wouldn't have any Anthro finds in my wishlist?)...

Aniseed Skirt

Followspot Tank

Lightning Flower Tunic

I saw the Aniseed skirt on a girl out a few weeks ago. She paired it with a simple drapey black tank and some gladiator-type heels. It was hot and incredibly flattering! Since then, I've been fixated. The skirt is backordered in most sizes, so I suspect it's not going on sale anytime soon! I saw the Followspot tank while making a return at the Anthro store about a week ago. It is gorgeous irl and so fun and flirty. Talk about a top you could have a big meal in! I need to try it on next time I visit the store. The Lightning Flower Tunic is just such a pretty combo of colors. One of my girlfriends wore it out on our trip to Mexico with some straight leg dark rinse jeans and wedges and it was so cute! The colors are much more vibrant irl.

Rockport Jeannie Thong Sandal

Yeah I used to equate Rockport with geriatric. But don't these sandals look like you could walk miles in them? And they aren't as clunky as my Fitflops, which I usually trust to day-long hot weather walking. I saw these in a bright yellow on the TimeOut site, and I don't think they have appeared for sale yet. But I'm def interested in trying them!

J Crew Luxe Amber Ring Tank

J Crew Vista Paisley Twist Bandeau Tank

What would a warm-weather wishlist be without swimwear? I have been loving one-piece suits lately, and feel like the options have gotten so chic. I've found myself gravitating to tankinis and one-pieces for comfort (eat and drink by the pool on vaca and not worry about sucking in my brink-of-30 gut that is here to stay). I've only recently discovered J Crew swimwear and am thoroughly impressed with the quality. Plus the D-cup options are a big-busted gal's dream! The second suit pictured even comes in D-cup sizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment