Wednesday, January 5, 2011

wordlock padlock


I never lose anything. Seriously. I once lost a credit card in my dorm room, only to find, at the end of the year, hiding behind my desk. And most recently, my padlock at the gym. It's probably for the best...I'm constantly forgetting the combination (saving it in my email and always writing it on my hand, hoping it won't fade away by the end of my workout). Am I the only one who is terrible at remembering these things? I was that girl in high school who would have to visit the office at least once a week for my forgotten combination. But I digress...

I spotted the Wordlock Padlock on a locker and knew it was the perfect solution...words are much easier to recall than a random series of numbers. Always looking for a deal, my first stops were ebay and amazon. Hilariously, there is an ebay seller listing these locks for $1 plus free shipping...the catch is that none of these locks actually work. Ridiculous! Needless to say, neither of my usual sources for deals came through.

I finally found it through target.com. Full price is $9.79 for 3 colors (red, pink, black), but the silver is on sale for $4.88. Strangely, a promotional credit of $4.88 was applied to the order at checkout. You read that right...the subtotal for this lock was $0. I ended up paying $5.75 for tax+shipping, which pained me, but still ended up being the cheapest overall price for this lock.

No comments:

Post a Comment