Thursday, January 7, 2010

wishlist for reals

Ok so I put out my long-term lust list. The items that, whenever they are acquired, will hold a treasured and permanent place in my home. That's all fine and good to drool over every so often, but I still have a more realistic wishlist of items I hope to pick up this year!

Lululemon Gear
I've bought workout clothing everywhere from Target to Old Navy to Nike. Most of it hasn't fared so well through countless washes and wearings. I think this is the year I step it up and invest in some Lululemon. I'm intrigued by the patented Luon material that wicks away moisture and holds in all the lumps and bumps. In particular, I've got my eye on the famous Groove pant for it's booty-flattering quality, the cropped Run pants for their mesh paneling behind the knees (perfect for spin class), a moisture-wicking jacket to wear to/from gym, Rock Out shorts for their not-so-short inseam (also great for spin in the summer), and various tanks that I swear have looked great on every girl I've seen. If the eastern seaboard doesn't get out of this deep freeze anytime soon, I might also go and pick up some thermal-lined running leggings I saw a while back in store.

American Apparel / Alternative Apparel tees
I lived in these last spring/summer. Paired with skinnies, a long cardi, flats, a statement necklace or fun earrings, and a high messy bun...it was my go-to uniform. I've gotten rid of most of my more fitted tops that hug the stomach, preferring flattering drapes and looser styles. These tees are perfect for that - body skimming yet not too tight. Although I'm partial to American Apparel's Tri-Blend deep-v tees, their marketing campaigns and photos creep me out more and more. Alternative Apparel's Burnout tees are fast becoming a celeb staple, and I love the unique texture and look of the fabric. The one thing holding me back is price - while you can find Am.App. pretty easily and on the cheap via ebay, Alt.App. prices have slowly been creeping up and they aren't as ubiquitous.

I still remember my first J Crew purchase. It was from the catalog, in the days when they included the order forms that you could mail in. I filled out the information as neatly as I could, and begged my parents to call in the order. About 2 weeks later, they were at our doorstep. A supercool, superbasic pair of sneakers. White and canvas, they were a preppier look than my Chucks, but still comfy and cool. J Crew stopped making these sneaks ages ago, but the Superga ones are a pretty close match. I'm not sure which preceded which. All I know is that I lived in those JC shoes until they fell apart. I'm eyeing the Supergas in a neutral goes-with-everything taupe (maybe even black or navy...oh so daring am I!), although the red or cobalt are so fun and different.

Long Gray Cardigan
Like I said, I lived in long cardis throughout spring and summer. I need the perfect long gray cardi...not too light, but not to charcoal. This one from J Crew has the right idea, but is a bit too dark and not heathered. The hunt continues...


An item I'm intrigued about. I've seen a few girls with them at the gym, and they seem like such a great alternative to elastics that tear hair. I always get a headache when I'm wearing headbands (possibly due to my larger than average head...trust me, it's a problem), and also when I wear high ponies all day. I actually love the tie-dye version, but might start off with a neutral set. They're no more than $15 for some simple sets, making them an affordable addition to the wishlist.

Kiehls Amino Acid Shampoo
I had to shower at my gym (Equinox) earlier this week when our apartment building's heat and hot water went out. I've blogged before about the Kiehl's products at the gym, but got to fully test them out. Along with the Grapefruit Body wash (smells yummy, but a tad on the runny side), I used the Amino Acid Shampoo and Hair Conditioner & Grooming Aid. The shampoo has coconut oil in it, and smells delectable. It lathers really well and cleans wonderfully. I'm stuck to my Matrix Biolage for its heavier moisturization, but come spring/summer I'm picking up the Kiehls for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment