Wednesday, April 7, 2010

j crew cardigans that are cheap!

J Crew prices have been steadily creeping up over the last few seasons, and I'm surely not the only one who's noticed. Yes, their stuff has gotten cuter, but the quality hasn't necessarily kept up to warrant across-the-board inflation. Anyway, because of said pricing, I rarely even glance at the full-price stuff...only visiting the site when I'm tipped off via my GReader that there is an additional % off final sale (the in-store sales have been a sad sad mess, so I stay away).

But then I spotted this cardi...a hair under $40 and apparently machine-washable! In a cotton/modal fabric that could work year round. I find that modal fabrics drape much better than traditional sweater knits (my Rachel Pally long cardigan is one of my favorites because of this). No buttons, but it could easily be belted or cinched with a pin or brooch. I kind of want all 4 colors!

J Crew Always Cardigan ($39.50)
comes in navy, black, graphite, ginger (a light pink)

No comments:

Post a Comment