Monday, July 26, 2010

review: Paige Denim Jimmy 2 Jean Shorts


Paige Denim Jimmy Jimmy Jean Shorts

Retail: $129.00
Review: Perfect fit and great not-too-short length. Good quality denim. Run big.

I've been wearing a pair of $11 Forever 21 denim shorts for most of the summer. They were originally cuffed and had a 3'' inseam. I decided long before turning 30 that any shorts I donned must have at least a 5'' inseam. I also have abnormally long legs for a short person, so 3-inchers tend to look a little obscene on me. Anyway, it took all of 10 minutes to undo the hem and I had a pair of cut-off denim shorts that were the perfect length. One small problem. The stretchy denim-like material would not let go of the crease from the cuff. No matter how much heat or steam or pressure I applied, the crease remained...and the cuff inevitably returns with every wear.

When Shopbop had one of their recent (and super rare) 20% off sale items discount, I jumped on these Paige denim shorts. I ordered a 27 (my usual size these days) and a 28 (Paige has almost always run small on me, plus Shopbop's free return policy makes ordering extra sizes an easy decision). It was love at first sight. The fading is pretty perfect and the fraying is set with a row of stitching. The color is just what I've been looking for - a darker blue that isn't too deep. The best part, aside from the length, color, feel and fit? The vanity sizing! Perhaps because they are a 'boyfriend,' relaxed fit, but these run AT LEAST a full size big. I could have easily fit into a 26 (possibly even a 25), but the 27 gave the fit I was looking for. With plenty of summer left (and suffering through what feels like a month-long heatwave), I will get plenty of use from these shorts!

No comments:

Post a Comment