Thursday, September 10, 2009

fall wishlist

Ok, even though I've vowed to shop my closet this fall, I still have my eye on a few amazing things! Some less affordable than others. I realize 90% of the list is from Anthro, but I am really loving their pieces right now. Lots of unique items you could make your own (never again want to be the girl dressing straight out of a J Crew catalog!)


I have been wanting a cape-style coat for some time. Even when they were 'out,' it's always seemed like such a chic top layer. I love the neutral oatmeal color too. If this doesn't work out, Anthropologie's First Chill Cape ($158) and Tulle's Cape of Good Hope ($97.99) could be good stand-ins.


In my dreams! I LOVE the detailing along the front. Sadly, the price is prohibitive and I'm not even sure this would translate well into my closet. But it's pretty to look at, no?


I own 3 leather jackets. One is a hooded Mike & Chris look-alike from Old Navy, and the other two were gifts from my parents' travels through South America. The other two also have zippers and look a bit dated. This Vince number is great...edgy, but not too cropped. At over $700, this is more of an inspiration piece...I might try and rework the South American pieces or buy a motorcycle-style fake leather piece.


This might be the perfect all-season dress. As soon as I saw it, I pictured it with tall, brown chunky heels, and a long, thick oatmeal-colored cabled cardigan. It could just as easily work with some leather wedges in the summer. As soon as this goes on sale, I'm snagging it.


Yes, I am still enamored with this as the perfect chambray base layer. And yes, I think it could easily transition into fall/winter. It hasn't gone on sale yet and never appears to be available in my size.


I did pretty well buying boots last year, so I'm good for a while. These beauties are a different story. At first glance, they're not much to speak of, but every time I've seen them styled in the catalog I stop. With wide-leg jeans, all you'd see is the cognac leather and a glimpse of the stacked heel. Worn alone, they can make an outfit. And at $90, they're more reasonably priced than most of Anthro's other shoe options (yes I know $90 is still a lot to spend, but imo...with shoes, you truly do get what you pay for).

I don't have a light brown belt, and this season might be the one where I pull the trigger. Such a versatile color, and I love the 'corset' details. Linea Pelle's belt quality is outstanding...this piece would last forever and get better with age. Hopefully I can find a cheaper alternative or a good, deep discount.


I am always pleasantly surprised when it comes to Anthro's leather handbags. I have a cream one from a few years ago that's my go-to bag for tooling around town during spring/summer. I was unsure about this one at first (obv the greenish color grabbed me right away). The leather is soft and perfectly worn and wrinkled, but the bag itself feels quite substantial. It's a perfect fit over the shoulder as well. I only wish there was more than a simple magnetic snap closure. I have found their handbags to eventually be marked down as much as 50%, so I need to stalk this one for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Anthropologie makes up a good 90% of any wishlist I make too :) It's not our fault, their clothes are too freaking cute! I've had my eye on those Frye Cross Your Ts too; they look awesome, and yes, they are also surprisingly affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi S!...so as I was the nordstrom website I stumbled on this: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3036698/0~2378467~2378483~2377034?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=2377034&P=1

    kinda sorta like the linea pelle belt...how would you wear this belt?

    ReplyDelete