Friday, November 27, 2009

f21 finds

My mom is a doctor, and has worked on Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember (allowing her to take the entire Christmas/New Year period off). For this reason, we always do our big stuff-yer-face bonanza on Friday. Before I got married, it was always just the 4 of us (including my brother)...this year Brother couldn't make it, and Husband was here. Point being - we never dress up or get fancy...I've always rolled up to the table in sweats with a nice big elastic waist. As you can see, I'm not one of those people who approaches a Thanksgiving meal with dietary caution...it's one day that doesn't set me up for failure and weight gain throughout the holiday season (I throw that in because all of the food- and health-related blogs were so focused on portions and eating smart, etc. etc...and I just like to enjoy the day and hop back on my healthy track the next day...you only live once.)

Anyway, I realized I typed all that out as a segway into urging you to buy this gorgeous F21 blouse that is flowy and loose and might have worked perfectly for a Thanksgiving meal were it not silk. Oops. Sorry. Regardless, this top could probably get you through a number of upcoming holiday fetes...though you may want to bring a Tide pen along if finger foods will be involved.


The color is a deep purple and as most things from the Love21 line, fits on the big side. No matter...I already want to layer this under everything from a shrunken tweed blazer to a boyfriend cardigan and lightweight scarf. Hooray!

I also managed to score on a pair of $9.50 skinny jeans, which PS - has just been reduced to $6. Six bones for jeans? You can't even get leggings for that much (okay you can at F21 but those are no better than semi-opaque tights). Fit is tts to slightly big. I'm about to order 3 more pairs...


Finally, I'm eyeing this cute little cargo-type jacket. Last week, while leaving the gym, I followed this girl out, who was wearing capri leggings and a khaki-colored anorak-type jacket with adorable pleating at the back. Sadly, I only saw her from the back, but couldn't stop thinking about how surprisingly flattering that back detail was. When I spotted this find at F21, I thought it was a good representation...


Now the dilemma. Do I hold off on ordering for a possible Cyber Monday deal? And risk missing out on $6 jeans? Hmmm....

PPS - I don't think I ever posted this find, which I received about a month ago. So adorable and actually perfect for fall. I wore it layered with tights, boots, and a long sweater, although I think it would look so cute with a thin turtleneck underneath. Fits tts to slightly small...I sized up for some extra length. Comes in navy and eggplant...I bought the navy!

No comments:

Post a Comment