Saturday, November 14, 2009

surprising finds @ PB teen

For a while, I almost had the Pottery Barn catalog memorized...as I tried to find ideas and deals for our move together. I still flip through the catalog for organization ideas and decorating tips. I somehow recently made my way to Pottery Barn Teen and was pretty taken with a number of items. They don't appear to be much cheaper than regular PB items, but I still think even adult shoppers/decorators can find a place for them!


I think these are incredibly useful for any household. They come in a 2x2 or 3x3 size and have everything you'd need (magnetic board, cork board, dry erase board, and pegboard) to stay organized. I can see this working in a family's kitchen or above the desk of anyone who works from home.



This wouldn't work in everyone's home, but it looks interesting. You can hang anything from keys to lists, memos, or homework. I'm sure you could find extra hooks at the local hardware store, and carabiners just about anywhere (I swear I've seen them in the Old Navy clearance buckets).



In typical PB fashion, I think this is overpriced, even at the sale price. But what a great idea! In small bedrooms, finding a place for a full-length mirror can be a challenge. This gives you the mirror and also storage options! Who doesn't have a nook that they slide this into? If you're crafty, you could attach some hooks down the sides to increase your storage options (maybe for scarves or belts).



How darling is this? It comes in clear, pink, and green. I can see it fitting into a closet space/dressing area, over a desk, or even in a bathroom.



I agonize over the best pictures to display around the apartment. This frame lets you print pics on standard size paper through your color printer (or possibly a photo printer, but that's a lot of ink to use!) and swap them in and out as you please. Love it!



If you can get past the dorm room design on these, they are actually quite functional. I store my makeup in random bins and a case in the bedroom, but often drag them into the bathroom or next to the window (or sitting on the floor in front of the full-length mirror we hide behind the dresser...we could probably use the mirror above). With something like this, you could hold all your makeup and store brushes and tools on the sides...carrying it with you to the most convenient space. Admittedly, it would be useless for makeup aficionados, but for someone like me who doesn't have much, it would be perfect.



Ok, I know...$99 whaaaaat? Overpriced. But I've never seen anything like it! If you, say, blowdry and straighten your mane every day...and have the room in your bathroom or bedroom...would this not be so useful? I store hair clips on the electric cord of our wall sconces! Bad idea. You'd have your appliances, clips, elastics, and brushes (and even products) all in one place!

No comments:

Post a Comment