Monday, June 8, 2009

color this, color that

I've never been one to care about what colors would work best for me. I tend to wear what I like (green!) and what I'm comfy in (black and grey!) That sort of changed for me last week, when I tried on a top I'd been eyeing online. I realize it has the dreaded elastic hem, but F21 claims it's silk and it reminds me of an outfit I loved on Hilary Duff from TRL many moons ago. I know, I know...elastic hem, Hilary Duff...TRL?!? Stay with me here...

So I first tried on the green, which I had intended to purchase. Very pretty jewel tone, and the fit was actually decent and true to size. For kicks, I tried on the magenta, which I only grabbed because there were 3 left on the rack, next to the entire full row of green (anyone else do this as well?) Anyway, I tried it on, and WHOA. My cheeks popped, my skin glowed, and I felt fabulous. I don't own a single thing in magenta...the closest is a hot pink JCrew tunic, but now I am obsessed with the potential here. I ran home and researched colorprinting and warm vs. cool skin tones. I still haven't figured it out, but here are a few great links to get me started...


*Update (July 20th) - So I think I concluded that I'm technically a cool...I tried a new foundation that had yellow undertones (the one with pink undertones did not work on me at all). This confuses me, because the above magenta color really does make my skin glow. I'm officially confused!

No comments:

Post a Comment