Monday, June 8, 2009

it's the little things

Everyone has those personal simple pleasures in life.  They make you smile and brighten the day just a little.  Here are a few of mine:

Frozen Grapes
Cheap to make and can substitute for sorbet on any hot summer day.  I prefer mine super frozen, but I know most people go for the semi-frozen state.  Best of all, you can make them year round!

Kongs
Fill 'em with your pup's favorite treats (or in our case, his dinner), and let them go to town trying to get all the food out.  Each stuffed kong gives us approximately 15 minutes of peace and quiet from our pup...freezing them garners about 5-10 more minutes.  It's also incredibly adorable to see your pup chasing and pawing at the rolling kong. 


Mister Softee
A sign of summer that can be found on virtually every other street corner when the temp breaks 70.  So cheap ($1.50 per cone with topping) too!  I never stray from the vanilla cone with chocolate sprinkles. 



The Impression That I Get
By the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.  This is my happy song; it takes me back to feeling carefree and young in high school. 

Pancakes
Nothing says lazy Sunday to me more than a stack of pancakes drowning in butter and syrup.  I love plain, banana, chocolate chip, pumpkin...actually, I've never met a pancake I didn't like.  I make the healthy whole wheat version at home, add some vanilla extract and baking splenda to the batter for extra fluffy pancakes.  And the look on hub's face when he gets the first taste of a fresh batch is just priceless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment