Tuesday, June 30, 2009

traveling with pets: subway fears

Our puppy, Griffin, is about as well-behaved as you can get for a nearly 5 month old pup. He doesn't wander off and get into trouble, doesn't pee/poop in secret places for us to find, and is generally a loving and playful little guy. He is, however, still a puppy, and puppies pee, poo, puke, bark, and jump at various inappropriate times. Lord only knows what I would do if Griff started puking on the train or in a cab! My question is this...what [insert choice word for 'bad person' here] felt the need to report the puking pug to the MTA authorities? I'm also confused as to why she was arrested...was it because she removed him from the bag? Was he leashed? If he was sick, why did she take him on the subway?

The complete story is here, and disgusts me! Poor woman was assaulted (with the bruises to prove it), threatened that her pug would be 'put down' (I would totally break down if this happened!), and humiliated in public. It makes me a bit fearful myself...how would I deal with this situation? Would any strangers jump in to help? How do you demand your rights (ie: a lawyer, etc.) when denied them by the people who are supposed to protect you? What would you do if your pet was taken from you in such a manner? I suppose there are more details to the story that would flesh it out, but I can't find it reported anywhere else!

*Update - This is the woman, a blogger for Huff Post. Methinks this story will get out shortly...
*Update2 - So now the cop is alleging she was saying anti-Semitic things and being difficult. Also perplexing...there are witnesses that support both sides. Hmm...
*Update3 - Apparently she may lose her job (or may have already lost it) regarding the anti-Semitic slurs she supposedly used. There are still all sorts of holes in the story, imo. Sketchy from both sides!

No comments:

Post a Comment