Monday, July 20, 2009

review: dior nude natural glow hydrating makeup

Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup SPF 10
Retail: $45
Review: Was not super impressed, and would probably not purchase. Coverage was very light and seemed to melt off partway through the day. Also clumped strangely in container. Color selection is still a bit limited. Added SPF is a plus.


Finally! A review that is not overflowing with praise! I attended a friend's wedding this weekend, and thought it was the perfect opportunity to try Dior's fairly new foundation. Slightly hydrating, it is a mineral makeup with a SPF 10. Thank goodness for Sephora...the SA 'color-matched' me and gave me a generous sample to try out.

This is not a product I plan to purchase. First, I am not an exact match for the colors available. I was given Honey Beige #40 - "a light mocha for medium complexions with neutral undertones." It was a bit on the yellow side, which apparently works much better for me than anything with a pink undertone. I received the sample on a Thursday...by Saturday, the sample had formed small, strange clumps. Yuck!

This unpleasant occurrence aside, I was less than impressed with the coverage. I don't like feeling makeup on my face, but I found this SUPER light...I suppose for someone who only needs minimal coverage it would be good for evening out skin tone, but it did not even cover the little redness I have on my face (around the nose and the corners of my eyes). It also required a fair amount of blending, which I did with a makeup sponge. I applied around noon, and by 4:30pm (after the wedding), it had already melted off! Even with a light dusting of some Clinique loose powder I had! While it does give a somewhat glowy look, I think it's no different than what you could achieve with a good tinted moisturizer (I like Laura Mercier's). My advice would be to try a sample (as well as samples of tinted moisturizers), and decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment