Thursday, October 29, 2009

great shopping day...on foot!

Despite living in NYC, where mall brands and designers share walls and both are easily accessible to me, I find myself doing the bulk of our retail shopping online. The deals are better (especially with discount codes and online-only sales), and it's just easier then schlepping around town. Today, I set out to find pieces for our Halloween costume, a few workout items I'm needing, and a dress from Anthro that is now sold out in my size online.

My closest Anthro didn't have the dress in stock, but located my size at several other stores. The dress should be arriving within a week, via free shipping. The transaction was easy peasy, and the SA, super sweet. Yes, I did buy the dress full-price. But, it's come into my head for various potential outfits, and has been on the wishlist for over a month now. And it has yet to go on sale. So it goes, unfort...

While standing in the abnormally long early afternoon checkout line, I spotted the elusive Snakebite belt in brown. It looked like a return, and I snatched it up. It really is the perfect belt for cinching just about anything around your waist.
My Anthro never actually carried this belt, so to find one as a return was lucky. (Speaking of lucky, Roxy is running a great contest for Anthro-lovers. Run, don't walk, over to her site and enter!)

I then headed over to Old Navy, where I came away with 2 items. A pair of leggings with a foldover waist and super-flattering ruching along the hips (I needed leggings NOW for my spin classes...more on that later...), and a racerback 'moisture-wicking' tank for...get ready for it...$2.24!?! Marked down to $4.99 from $10, it showed up as $2.24 at checkout. Say whaaaaat? I love when that happens!!! The tank itself runs big, but is soft and lightweight. They appear to be on sale on the website, but I'm guessing you too can get a great deal in-store.
Finally ended up at Sports Authority (I braved the god-awful costumer service because I needed to augment my Halloween costume...more on that later). They were running 20% off certain Nike items, and snagged some plain racerback tanks.
The tanks had mesh panels in the chest and back, had a thin built-in bra, and fit surprisingly well. I usually double up my sports bras, but I don't need to with this top. Highly recommend!

Sometimes you just need to set out on foot to fulfill your shopping errands. There really is no substitute for touching the fabric, trying things on, and feeling that thrill that comes with a great deal.

3 comments:

  1. I was just wondering how the fit is on the snakebite belt? I am normally a size 4 or 6 and was wanting to belt it over sweaters as well as thinner pieces like dresses. Would you suggest a small or medium?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From my experience and the reviews, I'd say the belt runs tts to slightly big. If you're planning to use it mostly over dresses and thinner layers, at your natural waist, get the S. Someone mentioned being a size 12/14 and fitting into the M, so I'm guessing the S would be versatile and work best for you. Hope that helps...I think I'm gonna order it in black too!

    ReplyDelete