Wednesday, October 28, 2009

what I'm loving now: Kiehl's

Lately I have been loving Kiehl's products! The original store, which happens to be the flagship (store #0001 on the receipts) is just 5 blocks from our apartment, and I find myself there often. Our gym (Equinox) has also started carrying Kiehl's products in the locker rooms...allowing me to test products I wouldn't normally try out.

I know Kiehl's products can be expensive and hard to find in certain locations. But several of them are really great, and a nice indulgence every now and then. They are also SUPER generous with samples, which is refreshing. Here is a quick rundown of the products we are loving:

Creme de Corps body lotion
The cult classic. We first fell in love with the SPF-containing version on our honeymoon. It was perfect for soothing sun-kissed skin, and the smell is to-die-for. Whenever I feel like being transported back to vacation memories, I use this. I also slather this over my face after tough workouts (yes, really!). I've found that it's perfect this time of year, when my skin tends to get super dry and flaky. After a workout, my skin is flushed and pores are open...this sinks in nicely and provides a glowy look. I don't have it on for more than an hour or so (once I get home, I shower it off), and I'm sure it would wreak havoc if I tried to wear it all day, but it's a nice indulgence that feels lovely.

Scented Lip Balm - Coconut
This stuff smells fantastic...subtle and not in-your-face. The moisturization is great (not too heavy, but does not disappear like Rosebud Salve sometimes does), and it's not sticky at all. The applicator could be better (as in, there could be one), but other than that quip it's a great, everyday balm. I have one in every bag!

Ultimate Brushless Shave Cream
Your man will thank you for this. Husband was using standard shaving creams before he met me. Okay, he actually never even knew there was a world of high-end men's products before me. :) He LOVES this stuff. A little goes a long way and one tube lasts forever. It is moisturizing and provides great protection from the blade (although he complains that it is slow to rinse away unless using super hot water). I stocked up from Hautelook a while back for half price, but even at full price, this is really worth the investment (particularly if your man has to shave every day for work). Kiehl's also carries a version in a blue tube containing Camphor and Menthol, Husband found this a little drying and irritating.

Facial Fuel SPF 15
Husband walks to work every day, and frankly, he's not getting any younger. He had been using Vaseline body lotion on his face (shudders), before I purchased this product. It is lightweight, non-greasy, fairly soothing post-shave, and has sun protection. Haven't heard any complaints, so I assume this will be sticking around in the med cabinet.

Cuddly Coat Grooming Shampoo & Conditioning Rinse
Even our fur baby is pampered! Although he hates baths (he acts as if he is dying in the tub), we love the Kiehl's products for him. The shampoo cleans well and smells wonderful. It rinses away quickly and completely, and leaves his fur super soft and fluffy. We haven't tried the conditioner yet, since his fur hasn't been too long, but plan to this weekend.

Spray-n-Play Cleansing Spritz
All dog parents can thank me later for this...one of the best concotions we've used. Since Griff hates baths, we don't give them often. To extend the time he can go before he gets a little too stinky, this spray has been a godsend. Just spray liberally, rub in it well (Griff seems to love this), and wipe with a towel. It wipes away cleanly, and leaves no residue. I have also used this to clean his paws after a walk in the rain, or his face after he eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment