Friday, October 9, 2009

review: Boscia Enlivening Amino-Age Eye Treatment


Retail: $38 for 0.5 oz.
Review: Doesn't irritate sensitive skin. Good moisturization. Seems to reduce puffiness with repeated use, but no difference seen on dark circles.

I had found my HG eye cream - a silky white lotion from Aura Science at Victoria's Secret. It cooled, it reduced puffiness, it brightened the eye, and never once irritated my skin. When I heard that VS was discontinuing the line, I searched through every bin in at least 10 different stores. I came up short...it seemed that other shoppers shared my love for the cream as well. When my in-store efforts failed, I hit ebay, buying up as many sample sizes as I could.

These samples, and the rest of my stash, got me through 2008. 2009 brought a totally new skin care regimen (retinol), and I needed a new eye cream. I moved through Clinique, Chanel, Kiehls, drugstore brands...all of these caused major irritation around my eyes. Itchy, flaky, red, raw skin...it was horrible! The retinol had cleared my skin, but made it uber sensitive. I read so many reviews on MUA, and did some research on skin irritants...finally settling on Boscia's Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment.

This Boscia cream lacks many common skin irritants - parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances and dyes, etc. The texture is similar to my beloved Aqua cream...silky and light...thicker than a gel, but thinner than a cream or heavy lotion. There is no discernible scent. The moisture level is exactly right...not too heavy and not too light. It claims to contain antioxidants and amino acids aimed at aging and reducing fine lines. I don't know about all that. Thanks to my parents' genes..fine lines are not yet an issue and dark circles are mild and rare. The cream does help reduce puffiness, which I am thankful for after every night of 2 or more glasses of wine. Best of all, it has never caused even the slightest irritation, through 2 months of nightly use.
0.5 oz. seems like a miniscule amount for a price of nearly $40. But, a little of this stuff goes a long way...especially if you only use it once a day. I wish the container was a pot style, rather than a pump, so I could ensure that every last drop was used (I know some poo poo the unsanitary nature of pots, but I wash my hands people!) Overall, it's saved the skin around my eyes, and I plan to continue purchasing! As always, I'd recommend purchasing from Sephora or a Boscia counter (if thsoe exist), to ensure hassle-free returns if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment